The Executive Producer (EP) is a senior leadership position responsible for the overall quality control and success of the delivery of work for SET New York, facilitating delivery across all departments of the agency. The EP is responsible for maintaining premium creative and production standards across all ongoing projects. This role partners with the Managing Director, Executive Creative Director, and Director of Strategy to create deep, lasting relationships within SET’s key client accounts built on a foundation of strategic and creative work-product that brings an “experience” approach to solving our clients business problems, and helping to align the creative services, operational needs, client relationships, and cultural success of SET.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains strong understanding of departmental workload and pipeline
- Informs and assists in Office Policy and Procedure developments
- Has a deep understanding of industry requirements for fabrication, design oversight and site/event management
- Provides quality control over all SET East concepts and projects
- Collaborates with ECD to develop new creative opportunities
- Collaborates with Production team to supervise the creation of project agreements, plans, and execution strategy
- Leads the project team in determining the approach, deliverables, schedule and tools to deliver projects within established constraints
- Develops and adapts processes for project delivery across all departments, from scoping through execution and closure
- Ensures the feasibility of project delivery given scope, time and budget constraints
- Ensures consistency and efficiency by overseeing project estimates, staffing and SOW requirements across all projects
- Partners with department leaders to enable appropriate tracking, workflow, and team communication on deliverables
- Ensures continual best practices from immediate and greater PM team, as well as all departments across the SET East network, ensuring ongoing process-improvement responds to changing business needs, capabilities, and clients
- Is a contributor on the content and presentation of key client deliverables as required to ensure relevancy, strategy, quality and timeliness
- Establishes relationships with key client team members at the account level or in high profile projects
- Builds team expertise by mentoring junior team members and offering training in relevant methodologies, techniques, frameworks, etc.
- Partners with Client Services, Creative, and Finance to ensure the best talent is cast across each scope of work
- Works closely with Resource Manager to ensure roles and responsibilities of teams are maximized
- Proactively works to define and/or improve delivery management policies and procedures
The list of qualifications includes the minimum qualifications necessary for any new employee for this position, such as specific prior work experience, certifications/licenses, technical knowledge of software, machinery, or tools, and physical abilities such as relevant lifting, bending, walking, and/or stooping.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
- 6+ years in a Project Manager or Producer role, at a project lead capacity, with experience in more than one of the following industries: events, fabrication, digital and/or logistics.
- 3+ years in a leadership capacity.
- Ability to inspire, support, and understand people and projects/processes
- Strong commitment to deadlines, budget, and on-time execution
- Understanding of the creative and environmental design process with knowledge of production techniques
- Strong understanding of budgeting with healthy business margins and best practices.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of digital strategy/development, social and emerging trends
- Familiarity with Mac computers and a strong understanding of Excel.
- Occasional travel, flexibility in schedule, some physical exertion in inclement weather required
- Creative thinker with analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced creative environment
- Ability to effectively and appropriately interact with co-workers at a variety of levels, across many disciplines
- A demonstrated track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound critical thinking skills and maintaining composure in stressful situations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees
- Highly organized with a keen sense of attention to detail
- Exceptional initiative and follow-through skills