- We're every kind of creative.
- We step up.
- We land on our feet.
- We sweat the details.
- We're about today. And tomorrow.
- We're full partners.
We are a brand experience agency specializing in unique experiences for world-class brands. Driven by innovative ideas, fueled by a passion for execution, we create unforgettable brand experiences that engage audiences, create emotional connections, and leave a lasting impact.
The Design Director will lead and inspire the design team through developing departmental plans and programs. He/she is a creative visionary producing only the highest quality work. Leading the design, development, modification, and review of work produced, the Design Director will take responsibility for plans to be completed on time and on budget.
- Oversee the creative process to produce the highest caliber work
- Develop each team member to maximize the potential and expertise within the department
- Make wise decisions guided by experience and knowledge that positively impact clients, SET’s financials, and SET’s image and reputation
- Champion the retail environments skill area and provide overall creative leadership for environments-related project work
- Work closely with the strategy team to develop breakthrough, creative ideas and articulate the ideas in the creative brief
- Contribute proactively to business development efforts, pitches, existing client opportunities, proposal writing and pitch presentations
- Proactively communicate with stakeholders and lead meetings ensuring expectations, deadlines and budget are met
- Coach and mentor creatives through cross-functional team building, setting stretch expectations, implementing professional development, and providing accountability
- Ensure a collaborative and positive approach to work for all clients and direct reports
- Inspire team and provide mentorship in all areas of production including visual, copy and experience design
- Execute design work to ensure final deliverables meet SET standards and client expectations
THE MUST HAVES
- Bachelors degree in Design, Marketing, or related field preferred
- Minimum eight years of work experience as a Graphic Designer with 2+ years’ experience managing creative
- Experience developing ideas and tools and to bring them to fruition
- Proficiency in the following areas: creative visioning, AutoCAD, word processing, spreadsheet and email software
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced creative environment
- Ability to effectively and appropriately interact with co-workers at a variety of levels, across many disciplines
- Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills required
- Strong financial understanding of budgeting, estimating, and agency profitability
- A demonstrated track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound critical thinking skills and maintaining composure in stressful situations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees
- Highly organized with a keen sense of attention to detail