ASK began as an open forum creative lab and has evolved into a brand activation agency. We focus on collaborative problem solving and human-centered design thinking to deliver experiences that create intimate connections between audience and brand.We're small and collaborative,
The Creative Director is tasked with leading creative on all retail projects with a focus on Environment and Service Design, coordinating with Account leads, PM’s, CD’s other DD’s, art directors, designers and freelancers. He/she will determine the best strategy to represent our company through leadership and vision and is an advocate for building and maintaining a positive, talented and hardworking design team. Under the direction of the Creative Director, the design team is responsible for producing best in class work for ASK’s retail clients.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Stays abreast of retail industry trends, culture, pace and best in class retail experiences
- Oversees the creative process to produce the highest caliber work in the areas of Environment and Service design
- Identifies areas our clients can grow towards service lead retail experiences
- Works with the creative, planning, and account teams to understand client objectives and creative briefs
- Makes wise decisions guided by experience and knowledge that positively impact clients, ASK’s financials, and ASK’s image and reputation
- Serves as a leader at ASK, setting professional standards for the team and inspiring and leading by example
- Ensures a collaborative and positive approach to work for all clients and direct reports
- Actively trains and mentors direct reports, hold regular check-ins, write and conduct performance evaluations, and provide overall career guidance and direction
- Resourceful in finding unconventional creative solutions to staffing teams and solving problems
- Develops each team member to maximize their potential in a positive way
- Coaches and mentors creatives through cross-functional team building, setting stretch expectations, implementing professional development, and providing accountability
The list of qualifications includes the minimum qualifications necessary for any new employee for this position, such as specific prior work experience, certifications/licenses, technical knowledge of software, machinery, or tools, and physical abilities such as relevant lifting, bending, walking, and/or stooping.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture, Environmental Design, Industrial Design or related creative field
- Minimum eight years of work experience as a Designer in retail with minimum four years experience managing creative teams
- Experience developing and implementing ideas and tools
- Proficiency in the following areas: creative ideation, Sketchup and Mac based creative software
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced creative environment
- Ability to effectively and appropriately interact with co-workers at a variety of levels, across many disciplines
- Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills required
- Strong financial understanding of budgeting, estimating, and agency profitability
- A demonstrated track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound critical thinking skills and maintaining composure in stressful situations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees
- Highly organized with a keen sense of attention to detail
- Exceptional initiative and follow-through skills
- After hours work and overnight travel required
Employee must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. We do a high volume of work, often on tight timelines and our dedication to client satisfaction is uncompromising. Some travel should be expected.
JOB DESCRIPTION ACKNOWLEDGMENT:
I have received, reviewed, and fully understand the job description for Creative Director. I understand that the job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. I further understand that I am responsible for the satisfactory execution of the essential functions described therein, under any and all conditions described.