Who are we?
ASK is a collaborative, retail and brand activations agency focused on consumer-focused brand experiences. We specialize in collaborative problem-solving and impactful consumer journeys that deliver experiences designed to create intimate connections between audience and brand.
We are also a new entity in town and looking for leaders with an entrepreneurial spirit. The opportunity is limitless if you’re into that kind of thing.
What do we need?
Portland-based Associate Creative Director. A natural leader with demonstrated success providing oversight to multiple creative functions, experience in multi-channel campaigns and live events.
What are you like?
- Talented and enthusiastic with a strong understanding of creative brand-led events
- You’re equally passionate about the development of social narrative as you are about strong design, using integrated marketing techniques and experiences to tell stories
- Finger on the pulse of culture, what’s trending in music/art/fashion/sports for multiple consumer sub-segments
- Thrive in a collaborative and ever-changing environment, with a team of diverse skill sets, backgrounds and beliefs
- Ego-free leadership style proven to motivate
- Demonstrated success with team leadership and talent development
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with clients and internal stakeholders
- Doesn’t mind occasional after hours work and overnight travel on projects
- Likes dogs
What will you need to do?
- Lead and coach a multi-disciplinary team to deliver a best-in-class creative product
- Work closely with New York Creative Director to deliver creative ideas of the highest standards, identify resourcing needs and inspire talent development
- Manage creative team and freelancers who are brought onboard to work on the creative elements of projects - maximize accountability, provide constructive feedback, calculated creative risk-taking and necessary troubleshooting
- Partner with Director of Production to evaluate project briefs and develop appropriate project teams
- Leverage proven best practices and creative principles to implement and enforce for ASK processes
- Inspire the creative teams to do their best work - provide effective coaching and guidance for individual, personal development
- Proactively attract, recruit and retain freelance network
- Provide creative mentorship and supervision across all projects
- Play a key role in pitches and presentations to both existing and potential clients
- Oversight on creative concepts to ensure it aligns with client objectives and ASK voice
- Realize budget parameters and timelines during creative development
- Brief designers on assessing proposals, providing guidance in creating presentation material, and assets used in project delivery
- Assess quality assurance of creative output and have authority to reset creative thinking
- Own creative deliverables from start to finish, delegating and building teams to deliver with efficiency
- Articulate and defend strategic thinking and creative direction to executive-level internal and external stakeholders
- Oversee external ASK brand communications and develop a 2018 strategic and growth plan for the brand
- Work with Creative Director and Group Account Director to help build strategic business partnerships with clients and agency partners, inspiring and exciting them about creative solutions and delivery on their brand promise
- Demonstrate proactivity in identifying and communicating trends and technologies that advance client relationships
- Build strong relationships with our clients, through the quality of our work and your ability to sell our ideas, and oversee their execution
- 5+ years of experience in experiential marketing or live events, ideally agency experience and background in strategy or design
- Experience managing and leading people
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates mastery of above skill sets
A competitive salary and benefits package that rewards your experience and skills. Re-location to be considered.