We are a brand experience agency specializing in creating and executing unique experiences for world-class brands. Driven by innovative ideas, fueled by a passion for execution, we create unforgettable brand experiences that engage audiences, create emotional connections, and leave a lasting impact.
The Project Director is a senior position responsible for understanding each project’s desire outcomes and ensuring a smooth delivery of a project from start to finish– from briefing strategist, designers and copywriters, to managing budgets and a team of project managers and installers.
As the senior point of contact across projects, the Project Director coordinates the resources needed to service projects, builds strategic operational plans and balances the expectations of clients with the execution of creative work in order to successfully deliver against the client’s needs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Has a deep understanding of the client’s business, their needs, expectations, and requirements
- Leads the project team in determining the approach, deliverables, schedule and tools to deliver the project within established constraints
- Develops processes for project delivery, from scoping through execution and closure
- Works with client team as well as any and all members of assigned project team to estimate costs and timing for tasks such as project strategy, functional design, visual design, technology requirements, etc., utilizing established estimating process and tools
- Ensures the feasibility of project delivery given scope, time and budget constraints
- Ensures that client signoff is obtained at key points during projects
- Coordinates activities of the project management team and has overall responsibility for delivery health of projects in the assigned accounts (whether by managing projects directly or by managing project managers on projects)
- Ensures that project management team is handling core functions of the PM role, such as: scheduling and facilitating project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal/client reviews, etc.), communicating action steps to team, and delivering weekly status reports to project team, the client and management
- Develops processes and standards for project documentation and ensures that the project management team is developing, maintaining, reviewing and/or disseminating all project documentation including status reports, invoices, change orders, project schedules, budgets, and post mortem reviews
- Ensures that all project documentation is produced in the standard format, follows internal documentation processes and is reviewed and approved
- Directs vendor/third party relationships at the account or large project level
Monitoring – Scheduling, Financials, Risk Management
- Ensures adherence to processes for scope management and change control
- Oversees project management team on accounts to ensure that projects in the assigned accounts are completed according to schedule and within budget
- Responsible for delivering work with sold margins
- Responsible for developing solutions to margin challenges at the account and project levels
- Responsible for identifying and driving solutions to project risk challenges at the account and project levels
- Responsible for accuracy throughout the project financial lifecycle for all projects within the assigned accounts, including estimates, revenue forecasts, invoicing, payables, receivables, etc.
- Is also responsible for developing and adhering to processes for project and account financial management
- Is a contributor on the content and presentation of key client deliverables as required to ensure relevancy, strategy, quality and timeliness
- Establishes relationships with key client team members at the account level or in high profile projects
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with agency policies and employment laws, including: planning, assigning, and directing work; on-boarding new employees; working with direct reports to ensure they understand expectations of their performance and to help them identify commitments; providing direction and feedback via regular meetings and as needed; fostering employees’ ongoing skill and career development; conducting mid-year and annual performance reviews; recognizing good performance; and addressing performance issues
- Ensures direct reports who are managers carry out the same supervisory responsibilities
- Builds team expertise by mentoring junior team members and offering training in relevant methodologies, techniques, frameworks, etc.
- Proactively works to define and/or improve delivery management policies and procedures
The list of qualifications includes the minimum qualifications necessary for any new employee for this position, such as specific prior work experience, certifications/licenses, technical knowledge of software, machinery, or tools, and physical abilities such as relevant lifting, bending, walking, and/or stooping.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
- 8+ years successful integrated project management experience, supervising direct reports
- Ability to inspire, support, and understand people and projects/processes
- Strong commitment to deadlines, budget, and on-time execution
- Understanding of the creative and environmental design process with knowledge of graphic production techniques, materials, and substrates
- Strong knowledge and understanding of digital strategy/development, social and emerging trends
- Familiarity with Mac computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Occasional travel, flexibility in schedule, some physical exertion in inclement weather required
- Creative thinker with analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced creative environment
- Ability to effectively and appropriately interact with co-workers at a variety of levels, across many disciplines
- A demonstrated track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound critical thinking skills and maintaining composure in stressful situations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees
- Highly organized with a keen sense of attention to detail
- Exceptional initiative and follow-through skills
Employee must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. We do a high volume of work, often on tight timelines and our dedication to client satisfaction is uncompromising. Some travel should be expected.
JOB DESCRIPTION ACKNOWLEDGMENT:
I have received, reviewed, and fully understand the job description for Project Director. I understand that the job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. I further understand that I am responsible for the satisfactory execution of the essential functions described therein, under any and all conditions described.