The Business Development Specialist (BDS) is responsible for all lead generation activities in support of the East Coast new business plans and activities for which increased revenues / profits will be realized, while upholding the mission and values of the Agency. The BDS generate qualified leads resulting in an increase net new clients and net new revenues.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively with agency teams on RFP’s, meetings, presentations, etc.
- Defines goals for net new lead generation activities
- Advocates knowledge of and supports the agency’s mission, culture, confidentiality, standards, etc.
- Researches, analyzes and monitors financial, technological and demographic factors to capitalize on new market / business leads and opportunities
- Initiates and manages effective relationships with selected, developed leads on an ongoing basis
- Manages multiple new business prospect engagements for themselves and key agency executives
- Evaluates market research and adjusts new business strategies to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Develops and maintains prospect database
- Leads the way in initial meetings, follow ups, relationship building and preparation and distribution of agency credentials.
The list of qualifications includes the minimum qualifications necessary for any new employee for this position, such as specific prior work experience, certifications/licenses, technical knowledge of software, machinery, or tools, and physical abilities such as relevant lifting, bending, walking, and/or stooping.
- Bachelors degree in Business, or related field preferred
- 2+ years of experience in marketing and developing new business strategies
- Highly experience, confident, and articulate in the work of experiential marketing
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced creative environment
- Friendly demeanor and ability to be the point of contact for all prospective clients
- Ability to effectively and appropriately interact with co-workers at a variety of levels, across many disciplines
- Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills required
- A demonstrated track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound critical thinking skills and maintaining composure in stressful situations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees
- Highly organized with a keen sense of attention to detail
- Exceptional initiative and follow-through skills
- After hours work and overnight travel required